Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beef, It's What's In The News

I have two pieces of meaty news to share today. One quite said, the other simply peculiar.

Since 1893 the monks of Assumption Abbey in Richardton, North Dakota have raised cattle. (See I've been telling your beef is holy) But do to a lack of monks with cowboy skills the abbey is giving up their cattle operation and going to lease their pasture to other ranchers in the area.

To be truthful, I've never had Trappist Burger or Steak but I have partook in many a fine Trappist beer-- Chimay, Westmalle, Rochefort, Westvleteren The monks of those abbey's brew many fine and dark beverages so I pray that they forever fins monks with brewing skills.


Now to news item number two.




KETCHIKAN, Alaska — A taxidermist earned a place in pop history for preserving Lady Gaga's now-famous raw-meat dress for display in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland.



My question is, couldn't Jack Link have simply turned it all into jerky? I can hear and see the new campaign slogan now where people could leave the big hairy dude alone and start playing jokes on Gaga... Messin' with Snatchcrotch.

2 comments:

  1. Shame about the monks! I'd love to see a herd of Friar Tuck-like monks riding a horsies! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmyhmm, chimay ale. I'm sorry, were you saying something else?

    ReplyDelete